Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Last Night...

It was a long day yesterday. Roby did some overtime and me too. It has happen more often with the job. But it is still reasonable. We are in Italy after all. I have a friend Singapore who does it almost everyday and alternate saturday off. She finishes her work at 10 at night, that's 10hours of work everyday. She has a daughter whom she leaves with her parents and spends only weekends together. I'm not sure if she goes to her parents also after work. This a routine for a lot of Singaporeans.

Ieri e' stata una giornata lunga. Roby ha fatto overtime al lavoro e anch'io. Succede piu' di una volta ma e' ragionevole. Siamo ancora in Italia. Ho una amica fa 10ore al lavoro ogni giorno, finisce lavoro alle22 e sabato lavora una settimana si una settimana no. Lascia la figlia ai suoi e lei e suo marito la prendono a casa il weekend. E' una routine quotidiana per tanti a Singapore.

As I was a heading of to bed, roby was watching Code 46 (Michael Winterbottom). Oh how could I resist Samatha Morton. I am a fan. So I ended up watching till 4 in the morning. Nice movie, I didn't have much complains about it except for spanish and italian they added for effect. The "Si, chiara..." or "palabra" then followed by English. That really sticks out like a sore thumb for. If anything they should add Hindi to the mix." हाज़िर हूँ hAjZira hUMz" (ok I copied that it means Yes as in Yes sir!) ;) It was a film beautifully shot. I liked also like the many versions of english spoken, that was a nice touch.

Stavo per andare a letto quando roby guardava Code 46 . Sono un fan di Samatha Morton. Stavo sveglia fino alle 4 per vederlo. E' molto carino. Unica cosa che mi da fatidio e' le parole (in spagnole e in italiano) aggiunte per fare la scena piu' bella. Al inizio non si capiva di che cosa stavano parlando. perche' le parole sono sussurrate. Secondo me si deve aggiungiare invece Hindi :) ... Cmq ha la scenografia molto bella. Mi piacono le diverse versioni di inglese parlato.

No comments:

Post a Comment